إعـــــــلان

تقليص
لا يوجد إعلان حتى الآن.

Vanillylmandelic Acid (VMA) Homovanillic Acid (HVA)

تقليص
X

• تصفية - فلترة
  • الوقت
  • عرض
إلغاء تحديد الكل
مشاركات جديدة

• Vanillylmandelic Acid (VMA) Homovanillic Acid (HVA)

Vanillylmandelic Acid (VMA) Homovanillic Acid (HVA) Urine

Use
    Diagnose pheochromocytoma, VMA is of value for evaluation of hypertension, diagnose and

follow up neuroblastoma, ganglioneuroma, and ganglioneuroblastoma. Most neuroblastoma

patients excrete excess HVA in 24-hour collections. If VMA and HVA are both used in work-

up, up to 80% of all cases will be detected

Some neuroblastoma patients are positive for urinary homovanillic acid abnormality but do not

excrete increased VMA. Twenty percent to 32% of patients with neuroblastoma do not have

elevation of VMA. Many will have other laboratory abnormalities such as increased

metanephrines, homovanillic acid (HVA), or dopamine

Specimen

Urine (24-hour) Record total 24-hour urine volume on the request form

Container

Plastic urine container (30 mL 6N HCl is optional;

Collection
    If a specimen is to be stored longer than 5 days before analysis, add preservative prior to

starting the collection. Instruct the patient to void at 8 AM and discard the specimen. Then

collect all urine including the final specimen voided at the end of the 24-hour collection period

(ie, 8 AM the next morning). Measure and record total urine volume. Mix well; send aliquot.

Label container with patient's name, date and time collection started, and date and time

collection finished. Final pH must be 1-3.

Storage Instructions

Vanillylmandelic acid is stable at room temperature (15°C to 30°C) unpreserved for up to 5

days. Use 6N HCl to preserve specimens stored for longer than 5 days before analysis

Patient Preparation
    Patient should avoid salicylates, caffeine, phenothiazine, and antihypertension agents. Also

coffee, tea, chocolate, fruit (especially bananas and any vanilla containing substances for 72

hours prior to collection).

Causes for Rejection
    Preservative not added to container if specimen stored longer than 5 days before analysis;

boric acid collection

Methodology

High-pressure liquid chromatography (HPLC) with electrochemical (EC) detection

Reference Interval

1.8-6.7 mg/24 hours

ودا ملف مرفق عن حالة الpheochromocytoma
    الملفات المرفقة
    sigpic

قال صلى الله عليه وسلم:
    (ثلاث كفارات وثلاث درجات وثلاث منجيات وثلاث مهلكات فأما الكفارات فإسباغ الوضوء في السبرات وانتظار الصلوات بعد الصلوات ونقل الأقدام إلى الجماعات وأما الدرجات فإطعام الطعام وإفشاء السلام والصلاة بالليل والناس نيام وأما المنجيات فالعدل في الغضب والرضا والقصد في الفقر والغنى وخشية الله في السر والعلانية وأما المهلكات فشح مطاع وهوى متبع وإعجاب المرء بنفسه)

hello...it's new for me

thnx alot

keep going & Good Luck
    ان عشت فعش حرا أومت كالاشجار وقوفا

sigpic

تعليق

lapspe you are telling that i must use both the HVA and the VMA for the diagnosis , the problem that must doctors depend on the VMA alone so do you think i must put what you have said that you need to use both of them ( VMA and HVA) , for me i always tell the patients suffering from unstable hypertension that you must do VMA as a first step if its normal you must do both catecholamines in blood and urine but now i will requsr for both the VMA and HVA from he start ..thanks
      :extra77:

تعليق

شكرا على مروركم سوما ود حسام...
        sigpic

قال صلى الله عليه وسلم:
        (ثلاث كفارات وثلاث درجات وثلاث منجيات وثلاث مهلكات فأما الكفارات فإسباغ الوضوء في السبرات وانتظار الصلوات بعد الصلوات ونقل الأقدام إلى الجماعات وأما الدرجات فإطعام الطعام وإفشاء السلام والصلاة بالليل والناس نيام وأما المنجيات فالعدل في الغضب والرضا والقصد في الفقر والغنى وخشية الله في السر والعلانية وأما المهلكات فشح مطاع وهوى متبع وإعجاب المرء بنفسه)

تعليق

thanksssssssssssssssssssssss
          إذا أردت أن تعيش سعيداً .. إنزع الحقد من قلبك

تعليق

يعمل...
          X