• الوقت
  • عرض
إلغاء تحديد الكل
مشاركات جديدة

• الكشف عن وظائف الكلى ب Cystatin C بدلا عن الcreatinine

[/COLOR][/B]
    alternative test for kidney function

Cystatin C:
    Cystatin C is a cysteine proteinase inhibitor, a small molecule that is produced by nucleated

cells. Serum Cystatin C is filtered out of the blood by the kidneys and that serves as a measure

of kidney function. Its low molecular mass allows it to be freely filtered by the glomerular

membrane in the kidney.

Use

Since it is formed at a constant rate and freely filtered by the healthy kidney, cystatin C is a

good marker of renal function. Serum concentrations of cystatin C are almost totally

dependent on glomerular filtration rate (GFR). A reduction in GFR causes a rise in the

concentration of cystatin C. Cystatin C is a better marker of the glomerular filtration rate and

hence of kidney function than creatinine which was the most commonly used measure of kidney function

The levels of cystatin C are independent of weight and height, muscle mass, age (over a year

of age), sex, and factors which have been demonstrated to affect creatinine values. In

addition, a rise in creatinine does not become evident until the GFR has fallen by

approximately 50%. Measurements can be made and interpreted from a single random sample.

Cystatin C may be used as an alternative to creatinine and creatinine clearance to screen for

and monitor kidney dysfunction in those with known or suspected kidney diseases. It may be

especially useful in those cases where creatinine measurement is not appropriate: for instance

in those who have liver cirrhosis, are very obese, are malnourished or have a reduced muscle

mass. Measuring Cystatin C may also be useful in the early detection of kidney disease when

other parameters might still be normal, especially in the elderly.

The blood level of cystatin C predicts survival after one type of heart attack. A high level of

cystatin C level in the blood after a heart attack is an ominous sign because it reflects the

failure of the kidney to clear cystatin C from the blood into the urine.

A mutation of the cystatin C gene is responsible for a type of amyloidosis in which deposits in

the brain result in premature strokes, intracranial hemorrhage, and dementia. This disease is

called amyloidosis VI or cerebroarterial amyloidosis. It is inherited in an autosomal dominant manner.

Cystatin C has been associated with hyperhomocysteinemia (often found in renal transplant

patients), and it has been shown to increase with the progression of liver disease

Cystatin C has nothing to do with the statin drugs that are used to lower cholesterol.

Cystatin C is also known as cystatin 3 and CST3

Specimen
    Serum or plasma

Container
    Red-top tube or green-top (heparin) tube

Storage Instructions

Refrigerate at 2°C to 8°C. Stable for 7 days. Stable when frozen for up to 3 months.

Patient Preparation
    Overnight fasting is preferred.

Causes for Rejection
    Specimen other than serum or heparinized plasma; gross lipemia that cannot be cleared by ultracentrifugation

Methodology
    Immunologic, The FDA has approved Dade-Behring's automated immunoassay for this marker

Reference value:
    0,53 und 0,95 mg/l.
    التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة labspe; الساعة 07-12-2007, 12:29 AM.
    sigpic

قال صلى الله عليه وسلم:
    (ثلاث كفارات وثلاث درجات وثلاث منجيات وثلاث مهلكات فأما الكفارات فإسباغ الوضوء في السبرات وانتظار الصلوات بعد الصلوات ونقل الأقدام إلى الجماعات وأما الدرجات فإطعام الطعام وإفشاء السلام والصلاة بالليل والناس نيام وأما المنجيات فالعدل في الغضب والرضا والقصد في الفقر والغنى وخشية الله في السر والعلانية وأما المهلكات فشح مطاع وهوى متبع وإعجاب المرء بنفسه)

Thanks for you my brather.

but i know CREATININE CLEARANCE is specific test for kidney function .

also in the Hospitals common test is CREATININE CLEARANCE
    - من جن بالحب فهو عاقل ومن جن بغيره فهو مجنون

-إذا أحبك مليون فأنا معهم.. وإذا أحبك واحد فهو أنا ..وإذا لم يحبك أحد فاعلم أنني مت.:sm184:.

تعليق

مشكور على المرور سليمان بالنسبة لدا التحليل زي ما عرفنا انه مايتأثر بحاجات كتير زي الكرياتينين ودراسات كتير عملت عليه وياريت مستشفانا تبدأ تعمله ...كنت اتمنى اسمع ردود من الاعضاء والمشرفين عن التحليل دا ...ربما يكون معمول به في احدى المسشفيات عندهم...كل يوم بتظهر تحاليل وحاجات جديده حبيت اشارككم معلومه تعلمتها...ومشكور على المرور اخ سليمان
      sigpic

قال صلى الله عليه وسلم:
      (ثلاث كفارات وثلاث درجات وثلاث منجيات وثلاث مهلكات فأما الكفارات فإسباغ الوضوء في السبرات وانتظار الصلوات بعد الصلوات ونقل الأقدام إلى الجماعات وأما الدرجات فإطعام الطعام وإفشاء السلام والصلاة بالليل والناس نيام وأما المنجيات فالعدل في الغضب والرضا والقصد في الفقر والغنى وخشية الله في السر والعلانية وأما المهلكات فشح مطاع وهوى متبع وإعجاب المرء بنفسه)

تعليق

thanks lapspe i requested this test to be in our lab i know its a great test the problem that the doctors hate anything new and always like to deal with what they now this was my problem when i try to tell them about herpeselect test but inshallah i will try to have it in our lab tell now only dade behring have this kit which i donnt have ( we donnt have there machines ) you engarge me to look for it again ,, also there is no enough studies about that test as only one company carry the FDA approval for it so we need to now more about it and tell now all the big labs are not offering it instead of creatinine AS its only use now when both the creatinine and the eGFR are normal and the doctor suspected renal problem .
        thanks lapspe
        :extra77:

تعليق

thank u labspe

great job

An increased serum Cystatin C corresponds to a decreased GFR and hence to kidney dysfunction.

Since Cystatin C is produced throughout the body at a constant rate and removed by glomerular filtration (and subsequently reabsorbed and broken down in another part of the kidney),

it should remain at a steady level in the blood if the kidneys are working efficiently and the GFR is normal
          ان عشت فعش حرا أومت كالاشجار وقوفا

sigpic

تعليق

شكرا لد moz على مرورك ووفقكم الله لما فيه مصلحه الناس

ميرسي سوما على مرورك واضافاتك... ربي يسعدك
            sigpic

قال صلى الله عليه وسلم:

تعليق

thank u labspe

great job

تعليق

grazie labspe i mean thank you with italian ... i hope that on day i can be like yr scientific level
                [ THEORY WITHOUT PRACTICE IS EMPTY ...PRACTICE WITHOUT THEORY IS BLIND[/ ]

تعليق

جزاك الله خيرا وجعل هذا العمل في ميزان حسناتك

تعليق

ما شاء الله تبارك الله
                    الله يعطيك العافية

تعليق

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
                      ما شاء الله العلم يمويا يكتشف شيئا جديدا نامل ان نواكب نحن العرب هذا التطور والله المعين
                      .http://www.arb-up.com/files/arb-up-2008-6/Znn17028.jpg

تعليق

جزاااك الله خير ..

ويعطيك ألف عاافية..

تعليق

امنووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووو ووووووووووووووووور
                          http://www.alsb3teen.com/upload//upl...7a7bbfa8b3.jpg

والله الذي لا إله إلا هو لتدفعن الثمن غالياً يا شارون

تعليق

شكرا

يعطيك ألف ألف عافية

تعليق

يعمل...
                            X