X

• تصفية - فلترة
  • الوقت
  • عرض
إلغاء تحديد الكل
مشاركات جديدة

• Open your mind again-Case 2

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته،،،،،،،

I will try today to open your minds, in which I hope it is still working. You have ap atient with the following profile

1- Age 39 years old
    2- Male patient
    3- Presented with
    Pancytopenia
    Hemoglobinemia
    Hemoglobinurea
    Priapism
    Venous thrombosis in an unusual locations and sites like portal and hepatic veins.

If you feel you want to request any test or any inquiry do not hesitate to ask or to do so, and I will provide it to you with a smile
    But first I want a differential diagnosis.

OPEN YOUR MINDS.............................
    من طلب العلا سهر الليالي

Paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria

تعليق

المشاركة الأصلية بواسطة hematologist مشاهدة المشاركة
      Paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria
      Mr. Hematologist we want a differential diagnosis.
      من طلب العلا سهر الليالي

تعليق

PNH
        diagnosis suggested by characteristic intermittent haemoglobinuria and demonstrastion of haemosiderin in urine,and confirmed by positive serological test.
        1/hams acid serum test
        2/sucrose haemolysis test

تعليق

مساء الخير للجميع وللمشرف العظيم وقدوة المعيدين أ.اشرف شقليه
          الحالة تمثلPNH
          FOR DIAGNOSIS:
          }CBC SHOW LOW HB{
          high LDH, high RETIC count, high bilirubin,
          DAT test is NEGATIVE
          FLOW CYTMETRY FOR CD55&CD59
          HAMS TEST

تعليق

hellow
            Dr.Ashraf i've Questions :
            *does he have hepatosplenomegaly?
            *does he take any medications?
            *are there an abnormal cells in the periphral blood?
            *does the marrow show hypoplasia?
            *Ham test result?
            :sm200::sm202:

تعليق

Thank you professor Ashraf for refreshing our memories, i realy admire your efforts and knowledge,you sure earned all the love and respect in this site...
              opening and twisting my mind i couldn't think in many conditions...PNH is a perfect diagnosis that can be confirmed by flowcytometry for CD55 and CD59 usually markedly diminished or absent together with other tests like the Ham's test , i would like also to do a hemoglobin electrophoresis for this case or at least sickling test to exclude sickle cell anemia and that is my second differential diagnosis...
              i could not recall any other situation that with a combined panacytopenia,intravascular hemolysis and thrombosis except for malignancy and that is my third differential diagnosis.
              thank you again and waiting for your remarks...
              Akram Deghady

تعليق

المشاركة الأصلية بواسطة akram61 مشاهدة المشاركة
                Thank you professor Ashraf for refreshing our memories, i realy admire your efforts and knowledge,you sure earned all the love and respect in this site...
                opening and twisting my mind i couldn't think in many conditions...PNH is a perfect diagnosis that can be confirmed by flowcytometry for CD55 and CD59 usually markedly diminished or absent together with other tests like the Ham's test , i would like also to do a hemoglobin electrophoresis for this case or at least sickling test to exclude sickle cell anemia and that is my second differential diagnosis...
                i could not recall any other situation that with a combined panacytopenia,intravascular hemolysis and thrombosis except for malignancy and that is my third differential diagnosis.
                thank you again and waiting for your remarks...
                I am very glad to hear such nice, cute and sympathatic words from
                Prof. Akram whom I really respect him. Your participation really enriched and raised the standards and levels of these cases. We hope together try to help the new generation through transferring our experiance which we earned through the years of our hard work. Your expression "opening and twisting my mind" satisfies me. Also, your participation has added some spices to the cases, and made them a strong ones.
                On behalf of myself and the Arab Labs site accept our respect
                Ashraf Shaqalaih
                التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة ashraf shaq; الساعة 16-09-2009, 08:20 PM.
                من طلب العلا سهر الليالي

تعليق

Case solution

السلام عليكم حل الحالة

YES as Prof. Akram said the diffrential diagnosis is
                  1- PNH
                  2- Sickling
                  3- Malignancies

Hemoglobin electrophoresis shows normal migration pattern, sickling test is negative
                  No signs or sysmptoms of a malignancy and cancer markers are all negative
                  The case really represents PNH
                  What is characteristic in PNH is the thrombosis in unusual sites
                  Laboratory diagnosis of PNH
                  Screening laboratory tests relevant to PNH include a complete blood count (CBC), stained blood smear, and bone marrow examination. Leukocyte alkaline phosphatase (LAP) is usually decreased in PNH.
                  The classic and highly specific way to identify the RBC PNH clone is Ham's test. Only one other disease is associated with a positive Ham's test: hereditary erythroid multinuclearity with positive acidified serum (HEMPAS), distinguished from PNH by a negative sucrose hemolysis test. Hence, Ham's test is highly specific for PNH. The Ham's test is based on the precept that complement will attach to RBCs at low pH and that PNH RBCs are more sensitive to complement. Whole defibrinated blood collected in heparin is utilized. Cells from the patient and controls are tested for hemolysis with (1) unmodified serum, (2) serum, pH 6.8, (3) heat-inactivated serum (55°C for 3 min.), and (4) heated serum with guinea pig complement. Positivity should be encountered with: (1) PNH cells only and (2) acidified serum; (3) destroying complement (heating) prevents the hemolysis, and (4) not with guinea pig complement
                  The sucrose lysis test is another standard screening test for PNH. Low ionic strength isotonic sucrose induces serum globulin to bind complement on the RBC membrane.
                  Flow cytometry (FCM) became the definitive test for PNH. Usually, CD55 and CD59 are both measured by FCM. Depressed levels of both of these glycoproteins are consistent with PNH [/LEFT]
                  التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة ashraf shaq; الساعة 16-09-2009, 08:31 PM.
                  من طلب العلا سهر الليالي

تعليق

جزاكم الله خيرا
                    ونرجو المزيد من cases
                    التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة نور الإيمان; الساعة 06-06-2010, 03:35 PM.

تعليق

يعمل...
                    X